Thursday, May 24, 2012

A Whole New Can of Worms ... Not Good!

I got the results from the blood tests that my LLMD did last week. Everything sort of "Lyme related" came back negative. However, I tested positive for chlamydia pneumoniae (CPn). You can imagine my first reaction was, "Clamydia ... WHAT?" (lol) well, this is different ... this is Chlamydia PNEUMONIAE which enters the body as a respiratory infection and can cause pneumonia. YES, I was hospitalized for 13 days with double pneumonia and sick at home on oxygen therapy for a couple of months back in 2004.

Ok, so what is the big deal and why did my LLMD test me for past pneumonia? Well, apparently CPn is a very nasty bug (just like Lyme) and is extremely hard to rid from your body. It has been linked to many other illnesses including Rheumatoid Arthritis, Multiple Schlerosis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, and even Alzheimer's Disease. So, although I have not spoken with my LLMD about his opinions, I am "guessing" that much of my pain and neurological symptoms may in fact be related to lingering CPn infection instead of or in addition to Lyme Disease. I have to question though, didn't I truly have Lyme Disease 2 years ago when I started this blog? I had a VERY "postive" test result from IGENEX labs and classic symptoms PLUS I had the BITE! What I am going to suppose at this point, is that when I became infected with Lyme in 2010, it may have activated the CPn ... OR, this most recent tick bite (2012) stirred things up and activated the CPn? I know that my LLMD said he was testing things to see if the tick just caused an immune response so I'm thinking my "theory" makes sense. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in my blog and Lyme Disease. If you have information regarding Lyme or another illness similar to mine, please keep in touch!