Thursday, May 31, 2012

Stopped the Doxycyline Due to Rash

I took the Doxycycline for 3.5 weeks but finally had to stop it. I developed sun sensitivity and heat / cold intolerance and eventually broke out in a red bumpy rash that developed some blistering. I am still quite achy and am having lots of tingly, burning and sharp pain sensations pretty much all over my body. I have even had sensations in my face and eyes which I do NOT like AT ALL!!!

At this point, I am as confused, frustrated and upset as ever! I had cancelled my upcoming LLMD appointment just out of disgust with antibiotics but now I know that I need to continue treatment as I am still very symptomatic. I just don't know WHAT we should treat at this point! *sigh* On one hand, I just want to try to forget about it all and just see what happens to me but on the other hand, I realize that putting off treatment isn't going to make it go away and it could likely make it worse and more difficult to treat down the road.

THIS REALLY STINKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in my blog and Lyme Disease. If you have information regarding Lyme or another illness similar to mine, please keep in touch!