Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Not feeling well.

Last night, in addition to the usual aches and pains, I also felt a bit nauseated and panicky. I don't know if it was one of the panic attacks that I get from time to time or another symptom. All I know is I felt awful. I was also feeling the newest symptom of chills (without fever) and the "need to chill" without actually being *able* to chill. That sounds so strange but I don't how else to describe it.

Anyway, I went up and got a hot bath (which helped with the chills) but then had to get a cold wet washcloth for my face / neck and sit in front of my desk fan to help with the nausea. I finally broke down and took 1/2 of my very last Xanax. This was from a prescription dated 10/14/08 of which I only had 10 pills. That is how very rarely I break down and take one! I have panic attacks from time to time and try to work through them without the medication. Once I get to the point where I can't handle it (usually when nausea is involved) I finally have to "give in" and take a Xanax. Even still, my RX is 0.5 mg and I only take 1/2 of a tab. I do NOT want a dependency issue with any drug ... especially something like Xanax!!!

So far this morning, I thought I was fine upon getting up but now my chest is hurting and my heart is pounding. I can feel it and hear it in my head. I have checked my BP twice in the past hour ... the first time it was 135/80 pulse rate 73 and the second time it was 127/84 pulse 75. I did just take my BP meds so I am giving it time to start helping. I really am feeling sickly again as well.

I need to go and help my Dad with his computer today but I sure feel horrible right now. Praying that this will soon pass!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in my blog and Lyme Disease. If you have information regarding Lyme or another illness similar to mine, please keep in touch!