Thursday, August 12, 2010

Sleepless Nights and Pains


Last night makes the 3rd night that I've had minimal sleep. It takes me hours to fall asleep and then I woke up several times and this morning just went ahead and got up at 5:00 a.m. Lots of aches and pains and just could not get comfortable. I even got up sometime after midnight and took a hot Epsom Salt bath. That is what finally made me go to sleep for an hour or two before waking back up.

The worst part about this, is the fact that I have been taking my OTC sleep-aid every night and I get sleepy but still can't sleep. NOT a good feeling! The bump in my groin area is still there and the area surrounding it is still very tender. I'm going to give it a couple of days to see if it goes down on its own. Of course if my fever goes up or there is any sign of infection, I will certainly do something right away. Guessing it's just another "lyme thing" and will settle back down in a day or two.

Feeling discouraged today as I had enjoyed spending time out with my daughter yesterday and paid for it last night. It seems like I can't spend too much time "on my feet" without later being very achy and painful. Each day that things are still bad and not better just get me down. Praying for strength in this journey, dear Lord!!!

2 comments:

  1. Found your blog after Living in the LYmelight blogger Marti came by mine...I visited hers....and now I am reading yours. I am finding your posts interesting. I had undiagnosed Lyme, Bartonella, Babesia, and Ehrlicha for 23 yrs....and have been on treatments for 3. Right now in a major herx..lasting days....anyway, I hope and pray your die off goes well and quickly....
    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I share all your symptoms and unfortunately in the netherlands they are not willing to treat you with more than one month of antibiotics..i almost died from it but because I also had an infection plus accident in india they will simply say it is the poor body recovering from all this trauma...and not pay any attention to the fact that i tested IGG positive for lyme and cd57 too low..The stabbing pains in my full body started recently...before it was mostly the heart and head)neuralgia and seisures causing problems for me....extreme heartracing et...i treat with herbs and acetil l carnitine etc. for the nervoussystem...(kjc_stubbe@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your interest in my blog and Lyme Disease. If you have information regarding Lyme or another illness similar to mine, please keep in touch!