Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Lyme Test Results back from Igenex Lab ....



Well, I finally got my results back from Igenex. They are the preferred lab for Lyme testing. They give results by their more detailed standards as well as by what the CDC considers to be sufficient standards. Many people get Igenex "positives" but still do not meet the CDC "positive" criteria but I met both on the IGM test which is what shows current infection with Borrelia Burgdorferi (Bb) which is the organism that most commonly causes Lyme Disease.


The IGG (current or previous infection) was "negative" for me by CDC standards but was "positive" by Igenex standards. I'm still not sure why both IGM and IGG say "current" infection but from what I've determined so far .... the IGG shows up later on ... the longer you are sick. So, my IGG may very well meet the CDC criteria if I remain symptomatic for a while longer. (Which I'd prefer NOT to do!)


The positive bands are indicated by (+) the negative by (-) and the IND means a very weak positive result.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in my blog and Lyme Disease. If you have information regarding Lyme or another illness similar to mine, please keep in touch!