Friday, August 6, 2010

Here Comes The Herx ...


Ok, so this is the 4th full day of Flagyl. and just like clockwork, I'm having a herx. I thought I might be starting one last night as I had some random pains and more muscle twitches but now I have the lovely all-over body aches.

There are two ways to look at this. One is to feel (can't even think of a word to describe how it "should" feel) .... maybe somewhat "assured" that the meds are killing off whatever organisms I have in me. The other option would be to feel depressed, disappointed, bummed that this just confirms my diagnosis of Lyme that much more. I suppose that I am stuck somewhere between the two feelings. Do I have a choice at this point? Not really thinking that I do.

For now, I choose to continue my treatment as prescribed and have faith in God that it will work in His time!

Symptoms: Body Aches, weakness, back, shoulders, legs, lightheaded feeling, heading up to a bath and bed. :( 8:02 p.m.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Whimperr,
    I found your site and I realize I have many of the symptoms that you describe. I am wondering if Flagyl helped you at the end and how are you feeling now? Take care and God bless,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your interest in my blog and Lyme Disease. If you have information regarding Lyme or another illness similar to mine, please keep in touch!