Sunday, July 4, 2010

June 28, 2010 - to the doctor (NP)


First thing this morning I put a call into my doctor's office. My regular doctor had no openings so I made an appointment with a Nurse Practitioner. She had blood drawn for Rheumatoid Arthritis, Rocky Mt. Spotted Tick Fever, and Lyme Disease. She wrote me prescriptions for 10 days of Doxycyline (2 x 100 mg. per day) and a dose pack of steroids.

By evening, I was having terrible flu-like body aches and pains in all of my joints and muscles and I had weird zapping pains in different areas of my body. I felt absolutely horrible and as though I would have a very high fever but when I checked it was only about 98.8. I do tend to run below "normal" temps so this might qualify as a "low grade" fever for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in my blog and Lyme Disease. If you have information regarding Lyme or another illness similar to mine, please keep in touch!