Tuesday, July 6, 2010

July 6, 2010 - Speech / Word Problems ...


First thing this morning, my PCP's office did return my call and my doctor set me an appointment to see her on Friday at 1:15 p.m. I am relieved that my message did get to her and they called me back promptly!

Today, I was sort of forced to go shopping because we had to take our dog, Matilda, to the groomer's and my hubby had to go to the dentist. I had a couple of hours to kill so I went shopping. Normally, that would be a good thing but today I just wasn't "up to it". Mostly, I was just too tired and I began to get achy all over. I just really wanted to get home and lie down. Another thing, I felt depressed as I was looking at items. I found myself thinking that I shouldn't be shopping for decor for my home because I might not live much longer. What a horrible way to feel and think!

I think there has just been so much death (my grandbaby at 9 weeks) and illness around me lately and with me having this chronic new illness, that I just really feel like we are all dying! I hope and pray that God will take hold of these hopeless thoughts and give me a heart and spirit of Faith and Hope again!

Another thing weighing heavy on my mind is a speech problem I have had here lately. I can't remember how far back it has gone but I do know it's bad recently. An example is something that I said today. My husband and I were leaving the house to go to town. As I walked down the sidewalk, I noticed that some of my new flowers were very wilted. I said, "my flowers look awful, I need to iron them when I get home"! My husband didn't even say anything and I know he had to have noticed what I said. Lately he has kidded me about some of the crazy things that have gotten mixed up in my speech so I know he was just taken back and didn't dare say anything.

I don't know if this is another Lyme symptom or what but it feels like my Mom's Alzheimer's! :(

2 comments:

  1. I have word recognition problems, and I think that we have so much on our minds that we can just conclude that a lot of it is stress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's Lyme. That part about the flowers sealed it for me. Been there. Got better after years and years on high doses of antibiotics. I'm sending you cyberhugs.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your interest in my blog and Lyme Disease. If you have information regarding Lyme or another illness similar to mine, please keep in touch!