Monday, July 26, 2010

Blood Lab Results


The blood test results from my 1st visit with my LLMD came back. He tested all sorts of things but these were the ones that were abnormal.

Rheumatoid Factor - normal is 0-20 ... mine was 22

I am assuming this corresponds to the arthritis symptoms that I am now having ... such as the swollen finger joint in my left hand. Will know more at my next visit when Dr. K. actually goes over these results with me!

DHEA Sulfate - normal is 35-430 ... mine was "low" at 81

Vitamin B-12 - normal is 211-911 ... mine was "low" at 300

Vitamin D - normal is 30-89 ... mine was "low" at 29

I have already begun taking Vitamin D supplements on my own and will also purchase DHEA and the Co Enzyme B Complex supplements per his recommendation. More pills to swallow everyday ... just what I needed.

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean. If I am given another pill to take, I just might choke. :)

    I noticed that some of your counts looked like they were in the normal range, but you stated them as low. Are they on the low end of normal or does your doctor believe them to be low?

    DHEA Sulfate - normal is 35-430 ... mine was "low" at 81

    Vitamin B-12 - normal is 211-911 ... mine was "low" at 300

    ReplyDelete
  2. They posted them as "low" .... so I'd say because they were on the "low end" of the range. So my LLMD wants to add supplements for those things as well. My Vitamin D was just below the lowest of the ranges.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your interest in my blog and Lyme Disease. If you have information regarding Lyme or another illness similar to mine, please keep in touch!